Many of us have been affected by depression and anxiety, either personally or through family, friends or colleagues. Right now, over 1 million Australian adults have depression and 2 million are experiencing anxiety. On average, 8 people take their lives every day in Australia.
Depression, anxiety and suicide affects all of us – so beyondblue is equipping everyone in Australia with the knowledge and skills to protect their own mental health.
They’re giving people the confidence to support those around them, and making anxiety, depression and suicide part of everyday conversations. And as well as tackling stigma, prejudice and discrimination, beyondblue is breaking down the barriers that prevent people from speaking up and reaching out.
beyondblue is here for everyone in Australia – at work, home, school, university, online, and in communities across the country.
With your support, beyondblue can continue working to ensure everyone achieves their best possible mental health. Below are some ways you can get involved.
Creating mentally healthy workplaces
Did you know?
- At any given time 1 in 5 employees are likely to be experiencing a mental health condition
- Untreated mental health conditions cost Australian employers $10.9 billion every year through absenteeism, reduced productivity and compensation claims
Mentally healthy workplaces work better for everyone, and beyondblue’s Heads Up program is all about giving individuals and businesses the tools and resources they need to take action.
At www.headsup.org.au you can create a customised action plan to address mental health in your workplace, get tips on how to have a conversation with someone you’re concerned about, and find out about how to take care of your own mental health.
Fundraising like a Legend
Did you know?
- 180,000 people a year contact beyondblue’s 24/7 Support Service seeking practical support, advice and hope
- The average cost of a conversation with a mental health professional on the Support Service is $48
By creating an Everyday Hero fundraising page, holding a fundraiser, joining your workplace giving program or making a one-off donation, you can help beyondblue keep up with the ever-increasing demand for its services.
To make fundraising for us even easier, we’ve partnered with Everyday Hero to give you the ability to create your own online fundraising page. In just minutes you can build and customise your page, then start sharing the link with your friends, family and work colleagues and asking them to make a donation. Every donation is then recorded on your fundraising page along with a message of support from your donors. So what are you waiting for? Create your own online fundraising page today!
In return for your support, we will offer you:
- Access to our exclusive post-race marquee with free massage & BBQ
- beyondblue running singlets for individuals who raise more than $50 (or teams of 3 who raise more than $150)
- beyondblue Elite Triathlon Suits for individuals who raise more than $1000 (or teams of 3 who raise more than $3000)
- Any competitor who raises more than $250 will go into the draw to win a pair of Bolle Performance Sunglasses valued at $250 (one per sate)
- We’ll also provide you with a dedicated Fundraising Coordinator and online fundraising guide to help with your efforts
For more information about anxiety, depression and suicide, please visit www.beyondblue.org.au or call the 24/7 beyondblue Support Service on 1300 22 4636.